The United Way gives you the opportunity to make a lasting, meaningful contribution to our community that will help ensure the many essential services it supports continue to be delivered well into the future. Not only will your contribution set an example to the other members of the community of the City of Kawartha Lakes and Haliburton County, it will contribute to lasting, positive change that will help your family, your friends and your neighbours live with hope, dignity and a sense of belonging.
Planned giving is one way to demonstrate your commitment to being a community leader and to invest in an improved quality of life for the people who live here. It can take many forms:
- A cash gift – this has an immediate impact by providing funding to the current campaign
- Other gifts – in addition to a cash gift, you may donate securities or a charitable gift annuity.
- A gift of life insurance – this type of gift will allow you to leave your estate to your family while investing in the future of your community. You may designate the United Way as the owner/beneficiary of a new or existing life insurance policy and receive a charitable donation receipt for either the premiums paid or the cash surrender value.
- A bequest in your will – one of the easiest forms of planned giving, this allows you to leave a fixed amount of money, a particular asset or a portion of your estate to the United Way.
- Named Funds – you may wish to establish a Named Fund for an individual, corporation or group. A Named Fund can be established for all types of gifts ie bursaries, community gardens, etc.
The United Way is the largest non-government funder of social services in our community. Your gift will impact many lives through dozens of organizations and programs. Each year we monitor these programs and services as well as identifying emerging needs. This ensures that your investment in our community is managed responsibly and helps those who need assistance the most.