On May 19, United Way for the City of Kawartha Lakes launched a call for applications for the Emergency Community Support Fund (ECSF). The fund provides financial support to charities and other qualified donees adapting their frontline services to support vulnerable Canadians during the COVID-19 pandemic. The ECSF is funded by the Government of Canada and is being administered in collaboration with United Way Centraide Canada, Community Foundations of Canada and the Canadian Red Cross.
Today, United Way for the City of Kawartha Lakes is pleased to share an update on the recipients of this funding. Over the past month, United Way for the City of Kawartha Lakes has received numerous applications for community programs and services that support vulnerable community members. To date, seven organizations have been approved for a total of $93,875.
City of Kawartha Lakes
- John Howard Society City of Kawartha Lakes, $20,000 for the Community Intervention Program
- Five Counties Children’s Centre $10,450, for the Help at Home Program
- Boys and Girls Club for the City of Kawartha Lakes, $18,000, for Summer Camp programs
- Point in Time, $20,000, Haliburton County Youth Hub
- Haliburton Highlands Health Services Foundation, $19,925, Mental Health Services and Virtual Supports
- SIRCH $15,000, Community Kitchen
- Big Brothers Big Sisters of Kawartha Lakes and Haliburton $8,500, Group Virtual Programs
United Way for the City of Kawartha Lakes is proud to support the important investment of $281,682.00 into our local communities, applications for funding remain open and will be evaluated on a rolling basis until the deadline of July 10, 2020.
“The impact of this investment is threefold;” writes Penny Barton Dyke, Executive Director of UWCKL. “Organizations in our area will be able to help people, especially citizens at risk, with some supports more rapidly; assist in connecting people to agencies that will help them now and going forward; and lastly help strengthen the capacity of our community by working collaboratively.”
Projects and Communications Coordinator