Accessible Customer Service Plan
Providing Goods and Services to People with
United Way for the City of Kawartha Lakes is committed to excellence in serving all customers including people with disabilities.
We will ensure that our staff is trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our goods or services.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We welcome people with disabilities and their service animals. Service animals are allowed on the parts of our premises that are open to the public.
A person with a disability who is accompanied by a support person will be allowed to have that person accompany them on our premises.
- Fees will not be charged for support persons accompanying customers enrolled in workshops/courses offered by the United Way for the City of Kawartha Lakes.
We will notify customers of this through a notice posted on our premises and website.
Notice of temporary disruption
In the event of a planned or unexpected disruption to services or facilities for customers with disabilities, the United Way for City of Kawartha Lakes will notify customers promptly. This clearly posted notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, its anticipated length of time, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available.
The notice will be placed on main entrance door, on website and on phone message.
United Way for City of Kawartha Lakes will provide training to employees, volunteers and others who deal with the public or other third parties on our behalf.
This training will be provided to staff and volunteers during their orientation process.
Training will include:
- An overview of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 and the requirements of the customer service standard.
- United Way for City of Kawartha Lakes plan related to the customer service standard.
- How to interact and communicate with people with various types of disabilities.
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use an assistive device or require the assistance of a service animal or a support person.
- How to use both current equipment and devices available on-site or which may be obtained in the future that may help with providing goods or services to people with disabilities.
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty in accessing United Way for City of Kawartha Lakes goods and services.
Staff will also be trained when changes are made to our accessible customer service plan.
Customers who wish to provide feedback on the way United Way for City of Kawartha Lakes provides goods and services to people with disabilities can fill our a feedback card at our front desk, through email via firstname.lastname@example.org or via phone 705-878-5081.
All feedback, including complaints, will be addressed by staff.
Customers can expect to hear back in 5 business days.
Modifications to this or other policies
Any policy of United Way for City of Kawartha Lakes that does not respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities will be modified or removed.
Acknowledged and Accepted by United Way City of Kawartha Lakes, 2013